Section H - PHOTOGRAPHY
SEND ENTRY FORMS IN EARLY
ENTRY FEE: $1.00 per entry
PRIZE MONEY: 1st - $5.00 2nd - $3.00 3rd - $2.00
Rosettes Best Overall Entry Open
1. Entry forms & fees can be submitted as of June 1 and must be received no later than 5pm on Thursday before the Fair. Earlier is better (see rule 17, p. 6).
2. Open to amateur photographers only.
3. Exhibits must be at the exhibition hall between 6-8pm Thursday or 7:30-9:30am Friday before the Fair. Judging begins Friday 10am.
4. Exhibitor name, phone number, entry category and an arrow indicating ‘UP’ must be included on the BACK of each photo entered. Photos with names or dates visible will not be eligible for entry.
5. All photographs must be unframed, and mounted on matte board, poster board, construction paper, or similar material ready to hang, with no more than a 1” border extending beyond the photo. If it is not mounted, it will not be eligible for entry.
6. Photo size: 4”x6” minimum to a maximum of 8”x10”.
7. Only original prints will be accepted. Photos may not appear in more than one class.
8. Only one (1) print per category, per exhibitor.
9. Film or digital photography will be accepted in all classes. Normal photo editing on the computer is acceptable, i.e., colour, balancing, cropping, and leveling of horizon. Full digital manipulation, such as adding or deleting portions of the image or combining two or more photos to form one image is not acceptable.
10. As per Rule #28 in General Rules at the front of this book, judges may withhold any prize where the exhibits are of insufficient merit, or they may substitute a ‘Highly Commended’ card in lieu of a prize award.
11. Exhibits must not be removed before 4:00 p.m. Sunday.
1. People, one or more
2. Action or Sports
3. Landscape Scene
4. Flowers or Plants
5. Wildlife or Birds
6. Humor/Funny Faces
8. Celebrations or Seasonal
9. Pets, one or more
10. Night Photography
11. Slow motion or Long Exposure
12. Macro, larger than life
13. Coombs Fair, last year
14. Life on the Farm
15. Best Theme Photo, CHICKEN or DUCK
16. Photo Story, 3 photos on one mat that tell a story or capture change
BLACK & WHITE
17. People, one or more
18. Action or Sports
19. Landscape Scene
20. Flowers or Plants
21. Wildlife or Birds 30.
22. Humor/Funny Faces
24. Celebrations or Seasonal
25. Pets, one or more
26. Night Photography
27. Slow motion or Long Exposure
28. Macro, larger than life
29. Coombs Fair, last year
30. Life on the Farm
31. Best Theme Photo, CHICKEN or DUCK
32. Photo Story, 3 photos on one mat that tell a story or capture change
ENTRY FORMS: See rule 1.
PRIZE MONEY: 1st - $3.00 2nd - $2.00 3rd - $1.00
Rosette for Best Overall Entry Junior
ENTRY FEE: 25¢ per entry
Additional Rules: see also rules 1 thru 13
Exhibitors must be 16 years of age or younger on Jan. 1.
AGE must be on Entry Form.
33. People, one or more
34. Action or Sports
35. Landscape Scene
36. Flowers or Plants
37. Wildlife or Birds 46.
38. Humor/Funny Faces
40. Celebrations or Seasonal
41. Pets, one or more
42. Night Photography
43. Slow motion or Long Exposure
44. Macro, larger than life
45. Coombs Fair, last year
46. Life on the Farm
47. Best Theme Photo, CHICKEN or DUCK
48. Photo Story, 3 photos on one mat that tell a story or capture change
BLACK & WHITE PHOTOGRAPHS
49. People, one or more
50. Action or Sports
51. Landscape Scene
52. Flowers or Plants
53. Wildlife or Birds
54. Humor/Funny Faces
56. Celebrations or Seasonal
57. Pets, one or more
58. Night Photography
59. Slow motion or Long Exposure
60. Macro, larger than life
61. Coombs Fair, last year
62. Life on the Farm
63. Best Theme Photo, CHICKEN or DUCK
64. Photo Story, 3 photos on one mat that tell a story or capture change